This US-based nationwide facilities management company had an existing AWS footprint that had been built through a combination of structured migrations and shadow IT infrastructure provisioning. The company sought to rationalize the estate, establish clear insight into application dependencies and develop a prioritized modernization roadmap.
Sunstone’s frictionless onboarding process enabled the customer to start the engagement with minimal disruption to in-house teams. Once data pipelines were established, Sunstone’s workload profiling technology built a profile of application relationships so resources were assessed with dependencies in mind. Analytics pipelines automatically assessed the customer’s estate data for modernization opportunities and output recommendations to the UI, as well as CSV in a summary slide presentation format to allow the customer to work with a flexible data format.
Analytics Assessed within the AWS environment:
- IaaS-PaaS Upgrades
- CPU Utilization Outliers
- License Optimization Targets
- EC2 Instance Rightsizing Opportunities
- Legacy Instance Family Usage
- EOL Operating System Upgrades
The customer’s ~250 instance estate data was discovered within an hour, providing a rapid route to future state architecture design. Recommendations were delivered within a week.
- 74 Cloud-Native PaaS recommendations:
- Potential 37% increase in efficiency to DBA teams
- Potential 39% lower operating costs of development teams
- Potential 42% increase in productivity of application teams
- 22 SQL Server Licenses removed
- 16% SQL Server License cost reduction
- Under/Over Provisioned Instances
- Instance rightsizing opportunities on 91.74% of discovered instances